Friday, May 7, 2010

I am waiting for that something to find me or has it found me already?

Do you KNOW that you are really good, or even great, at something?  Anything. Or, are you the type that's able to do a variety of different things but truly are a Master of None?  Have you ever really thought about it?  I have, probably a little too much.  I believe that I am on the cusp, but because I, for so long, have never allowed myself to think that I actually was GREAT at something, I feared that I might never realize, or achieve, it.  

There are so many different facets to our lives (family, work, play) that many might find it difficult to be great at anything and then again, some just don't care.  Nowadays its seems that people are just trying to survive this fast-paced world we live in.  Hell, just getting to work on time can be a struggle.   I can't tell you how many times I have said "I would like to try that" or "that would be fun to learn"  but branching out and committing to more... who has time for that?  I know I don't.  I have a full time job (which I love!!!) and honestly never really feel off the clock because I do care so much; family (which I love the most), a house, errands, and sometimes managing to throw some fun things in between.   

But something is missing for me.  I have often wondered if I am ever really going to master anything or am i content just settling for being good.  My guess is that I am not okay with that because if I were, I wouldn't worry.  But here is what made me even think to write this post.  At the recommendation of a friend, I had my Tarot cards read.  Not something I would normally have done, in fact, I posted prior to it and stated that it scared the shit out of me, but, I did it.

The experience wasn't what I thought it would be.  As the days pass, I am beginning to realize that it was much more poignant an experience than I would have imagined.  I am not speaking in terms of mumbo jumbo.  It's really only one statement that has caused me to deepen my thoughts.  Something soon, that I am either doing now or have always thought "I would like to try that" or "that would be fun to learn" (remember this from above?) is what I should pursue. Why? Because not only will I succeed, I will surpass.  That's a very profound statement to make.  

So now, I am asking myself what IS IT that this might be?  It could be something I have thought of in the past, or something totally new.  This has caused me to look differently at things.  Is that good?  Sure, why not.  I was never closed-minded to begin with - this has just changed my perspective a bit.  But has it?  Am I manifesting what was said that day into thoughts that I have had for years?  Worrying about just being good and not being great?  That very well could be the case, but that's okay too.  I have a fresh outlook on things.  You can't beat that.  

1 comment:

  1. I love the "you have a fresh outlook", what does that mean? It means you are not afraid to step back and take a look at yourself when handed nuggets, whether its criticism,advice or compliments. You want to take those nuggets and see how you can improve on them to make yourself a better person whether at work or personally. You don't get offended or mad instead you see how you can change to make you life more fulfilling, prosperous and happier. I sooo admire that about you, you have done this in many areas of your life and you are my HERO

    ReplyDelete